You can use a domain that you purchased from DreamHost to point to your OfferingTree site by setting what is known as a CNAME record. Here are instructions from DreamHost to set up a CNAME record: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035516812-Adding-custom-DNS-records
- Navigate to the Manage Websites page.
- If in Grid view, click the 'vertical 3 dots' button under your domain and then click the link.
- If in List view, click the 'vertical 3 dots' button to the right of your domain and then click the link.
- Click the Add Record button.
- Hover over the CNAME Record section and click the link.
- Enter the following:
CNAME records cannot start with an underscore.
- Host: type in the text "www"
- Points to: type the text "customdomains.offeringtree.com"
- Click the Add Record button to save.
After clicking the Add Record button, the propagation for the new record begins. This can take up to 6 hours before the new record updates online.
Additionally, we recommend adding a redirect so users that type in your domain without a www prefix are redirected to the www version of your domain. For example, if your domain is example.com please add a redirect so example.com goes to www.example.com. Here are instructions from DreamHost to set up a redirect:https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215455377