You can use a domain that you purchased on HostGator to point to your OfferingTree site. To do so, you will need to set up a CNAME record for your domain. Here are instructions from HostGator:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Look for the Domains section, click Zone Editor.
- On the next page, locate the domain name you need to edit.
- Click Manage to view the domain's complete set of DNS records.
- Locate the DNS record you wish to update.
- Click on the CNAME button in the Zone Editor section and fill in the following details.
Name: www.yourdomain.comCNAME: customdomains.offeringtree.com
Fill in the details and click the button "Add A CNAME Record"
- After the necessary updates have been done, click Save Record.
Additionally, we recommend adding a redirect so users that type in your domain without a www prefix are redirected to the www version of your domain. For example, if your domain is example.com please add a redirect so example.com goes to www.example.com. Here are instructions from JustHost to set up a redirect: https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/url-redirect-how-to-create
Use a 302 redirect and pick your domain. For the destination URL, use http://www.yourdomain.com (replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain). For the "WWW redirect options", select "Do Not Redirect www"