In this help article we'll share how to offer private appointments online with video conferencing tools such as Zoom and Google Hangouts. We'll assume you already have an OfferingTree site and are on either the free trial or a paid plan. For an in depth resource on how to get started with OfferingTree please read our post, Creating Your Digital Presence With OfferingTree, or if you just want to dive right in you can sign up at https://offeringtree.com/signup
Create an Appointment Offering
- Visit the admin 'Offerings' page and create or edit the offering you'd like to use to schedule online appointments.
- When creating your Offering you'll need to enable appointments.
- If this is the first time you are creating an appointment, you'll be asked to create your availability. You can watch a comprehensive how-to video on creating appointments by clicking here. Then check the 'Online appointment' checkbox to enable this appointment to be offered online.
- Finally, enter in the info needed to join the video call. You can use many video conferencing solutions in this way with OfferingTree, but below we offer instructions for getting this link information using Zoom and Google Hangouts.
Now when people visit your Offerings page they'll be able to book an appointment with you right from your website. Once they register, they'll get a confirmation email with the details of the appointment as well as the video conferencing link. You'll also get an email notifying you of a booking.
Creating a Video Conferencing Meeting
- Sign in or create an account with Zoom
- Go to your profile and copy your personal meeting link. This is the link you'll use in step 4 above to put in the 'Online link' field.
If you would like to read more about Zoom there are plenty of instructional YouTube videos online. They also have a pretty comprehensive help page you can visit here.
Using Google Hangouts
- Sign in or create an account with Google
- Visit https://hangouts.google.com/ and press the 'Video Call' option.
- Copy the video call link. This is the link you'll use in step 4 above to put in the 'Online link' field.
If you would like to learn more about how to use Google Hangouts, here is their help page with instructions for how to get started using video calls.
P.S. Join our Facebook group and connect with other OfferingTree users to share questions, offer ideas and insights, and support each other towards a more thriving wellness business.