OfferingTree provides support for your staff/teachers in the Studio Lite and Studio Plans. This allows a studio owner to assign staff to classes and give them their own login to the website. The system keeps track of which staff was assigned to which class and has reporting for every individual staff members. The studio owner can assign pay rate rules, customizable to each staff member, that the system uses to produce the staff pay report. All the math is done for you, just select the time period and the system looks up the pay for each staff member.
To get started, create pay rate rules under the pay rate section.
On the Staff Pay Rate screen, select the create button which will bring up the screen below. Enter the staff pay rate configuration. Here is a description of each field and how it affects the pay rate calculation.
- Name of pay rate
- The minimum pay per class for this pay rate. Regardless of all the other pay settings, the staff member will not be paid less than this amount
- The maximum pay per class for this pay rate. Regardless of all the other pay settings, the staff member will not be paid more than this amount
- The base pay rate per class is the base pay that a staff member gets paid for each class they are assigned
- The base pay rate per client is the amount paid for each student in the class that the staff teaches
- When checked, the system will only count checked in clients for the calculation of payment per client. When unchecked, it uses the number of registered clients
- The bonus per client is an amount that is paid for every client in attendance between two attendance goals. For example, if the bonus is $5 for each client between 10-20 and the class registration is 15, the staff member will get an additional $25 ($5 x (15 - 10))
- The flat attendance bonus rewards the instructor for reaching attendance goals. If the attendance is above the set amount, the staff will receive an additional amount that you specify
- The split attendance bonus allows revenue sharing for the class. You can designate a percentage of actual class revenue to be shared with the staff member if the attendance goals are achieved
Assign the staff pay rate by editing the staff member record and picking the pay rate from the drop down picker.
After the staff pay rate is assigned, the system will track all the classes that are assigned to the staff. To view the pay rate report, at the end of the reporting period for example, go to the reports section and select pay rate report. You can set the time period to any date range, but there are some common date ranges in the date range drop down. The report will show the pay owed to all staff members that have a pay rate assigned. You can email the report to each individual staff member by clicking on the email report button.
We hope this features makes it clear and easy to determine what to pay your staff. Everything is tracked automatically and the math is done for you.
P.S. Join our Facebook group and connect with other OfferingTree users to share questions, offer ideas and insights, and support each other towards a more thriving wellness business.